Israel & Iran
February 13, 2008
I don’t understand Israel. First, they have nuclear weapons. And I would say that they are a pretty unstable country, and that their nuclear capability should scare everyone. If the United States broke it’s alliance with Israel, for whatever reason, why wouldn’t Israel use nuclear weapons against Americans?
But this thing now. Israel’s Prime Minister accusing Iran of having nuclear weapons. What is he trying to do? Provoke Iran into attacking Israel? Starting even more war and conflict in the Middle East? And the only evidence that Israel has is that there is no evidence showing that Iran doesn’t have nuclear weapons. That logic doesn’t make much sense to me. Especially since the release of the intelligence report stating that Iran has not had nuclear weapons programs for years.
Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, says he is certain Iran is engaged in a secret operation to build nuclear weapons.
“We are of the view that the Iranians are continuing to pursue their plans to create a capacity for non-conventional weapons,” he said in Berlin on Tuesday at a news conference with Angela Merkel, the German chancellor.
“Nothing we’ve seen so far has changed our view on that,” Olmert said, speaking through an interpreter.
Olmert also said he was sharing information with other countries about Iran’s nuclear programme and that no options should be forgotten in trying to prevent Iran from developing atomic weapons.
- The story is not true
- Evidence of Israeli "Cowardly Blending" Comes to L...
- The colors of Damascus
- Under 18
- Syria in pictures : four added albums
- Saboteurs may have cut Mideast telecom cables
- Doomsday' seed bank to be built
- A message from the Iraqi resistance
- SARKO blows a fuse
- An earthquake in Damascus ?
- Israeli army abducts 85 Palestinians in the West B...
- Tear down the walls
- Israel and Iran
- Haifa Wehbe
- Bruges : Jew kicked out for wearing kippah
- Abou Trika : solidarity with Gaza
- Jonathan Cook's "Israel and the Clash of Civilisat...
- 4th International cartoon contest (SYRIA 2008)
- Mardi Gras at Binche (Belgium)
- Tariq Ali and the Turin Book Fair
- Syrian Bloggers : release the blogger Tariq Biasi
- Can I Have My Change Back: Arab-Americans and Obam...
- It takes 43 muscles to frown and 1...
- Israel gearing up for Another War
- UN research indicates high levels of trauma among ...
- Female bombers kill 72 at Baghdad pet markets
- ▼ February (26)