Damage to several undersea telecom cables that caused outages across the Middle East and Asia could have been an act of sabotage, the International Telecommunication Union said on Monday.
"We do not want to preempt the results of ongoing investigations, but we do not rule out that a deliberate act of sabotage caused the damage to the undersea cables over two weeks ago," the UN agency's head of development, Sami al-Murshed, told AFP.
READ ON HERE
- The story is not true
- Evidence of Israeli "Cowardly Blending" Comes to L...
- The colors of Damascus
- Under 18
- Syria in pictures : four added albums
- Saboteurs may have cut Mideast telecom cables
- Doomsday' seed bank to be built
- A message from the Iraqi resistance
- SARKO blows a fuse
- An earthquake in Damascus ?
- Israeli army abducts 85 Palestinians in the West B...
- Tear down the walls
- Israel and Iran
- Haifa Wehbe
- Bruges : Jew kicked out for wearing kippah
- Abou Trika : solidarity with Gaza
- Jonathan Cook's "Israel and the Clash of Civilisat...
- 4th International cartoon contest (SYRIA 2008)
- Mardi Gras at Binche (Belgium)
- Tariq Ali and the Turin Book Fair
- Syrian Bloggers : release the blogger Tariq Biasi
- Can I Have My Change Back: Arab-Americans and Obam...
- It takes 43 muscles to frown and 1...
- Israel gearing up for Another War
- UN research indicates high levels of trauma among ...
- Female bombers kill 72 at Baghdad pet markets
- ▼ February (26)