February 22, 2008 ·
I have been tagged by Sophia to list Six Things One Should Do Before 18. Here are the rules of the game:
1. Post these rules before presenting your list.
2. List 6 actions or achievements you think every person should accomplish before turning 18.
3. There are no conditions on what can be included on the list.
4. At the end of your blog, choose 6, or less, people to get tagged and list their names.
5. People who are tagged write their own blog entry with their 6 suggestions.
6. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged.
1. I have never accepted the kind of injunction which says : what you SHOULD do. I remember an uncle who had landmarks for higher education. He never stopped criticising me because I had taken a sabbatical after my baccalauréat because I wanted to reflect on what I wanted to do in life. I am glad I took the break, because it helped me find that I really wanted to become a simultaneous translator.
2. Actions or achievements ? Achievements at 18 ? Getting your baccalauréat or any other diploma or skill which will allow you to become independent from your parents financial backing. But then, you don’t have to get that before you are 18 either. If it takes you longer, that’s ok.
3. Be natural and spontaneous. Be you. But if you are not spontaneous by nature, that is all right too. May be someone will help you unwind. Accept the person you are and love her.
4. Stay away from people who make you feel bad about yourelf; at 18 most of us lack self assurance.
5. Live within your means. Learn to handle a budget: i.e. you have a certain sum for the month; you divide it by the number of days. The result is your daily budget. When you overspend, take what is left over from your allowance and divide by the number of remaining days etc. Reaching the end of the month in the black is something which will help you the rest of your life.
6. Practice a sport and if you have no physical energy, practice meditation.
Six is too little but I shall abide by the rules.
I tagged Yazan, Abou Fares, Rime Allaf, Ihsan Attar
- The story is not true
- Evidence of Israeli "Cowardly Blending" Comes to L...
- The colors of Damascus
- Under 18
- Syria in pictures : four added albums
- Saboteurs may have cut Mideast telecom cables
- Doomsday' seed bank to be built
- A message from the Iraqi resistance
- SARKO blows a fuse
- An earthquake in Damascus ?
- Israeli army abducts 85 Palestinians in the West B...
- Tear down the walls
- Israel and Iran
- Haifa Wehbe
- Bruges : Jew kicked out for wearing kippah
- Abou Trika : solidarity with Gaza
- Jonathan Cook's "Israel and the Clash of Civilisat...
- 4th International cartoon contest (SYRIA 2008)
- Mardi Gras at Binche (Belgium)
- Tariq Ali and the Turin Book Fair
- Syrian Bloggers : release the blogger Tariq Biasi
- Can I Have My Change Back: Arab-Americans and Obam...
- It takes 43 muscles to frown and 1...
- Israel gearing up for Another War
- UN research indicates high levels of trauma among ...
- Female bombers kill 72 at Baghdad pet markets
- ▼ February (26)