WASHINGTON - The United States has put ships making port calls in Syria on a watchlist, an official said Thursday, as Washington ratcheted up the pressure on Damascus over its alleged links with terrorism.
The decision, which could put pressure on businesses trading or shipping through Syria, was a further blow to long strained ties that had held out brief hopes of improvement last November when the United States courted Syria for the launch of new Palestinian-Israeli peace talks.
Comment from Sott.net : Justice for the killers of Hariri is a long way off as they most likely are busy with other activities for Mossad. Regarding the killing of Hariri, see:
Mossad Murders Former Lebanese PM in Carbon Copy of 1979 Assassination
- Arab summit boycott of Syria threatens regional co...
- Interview of Mohamed Omer reporting from Gaza
- Si non e vero ...
- 5 years into the Iraqi catastrophy : 28 km march f...
- Winter soldier
- Put your writing on the wall
- The USS Liberty
- Sands of Sorrow (1950)
- Egypt leaks information about an American military...
- For a Free Palestine...! new... 60 years...
- Paris Bus Tour for Palestine !
- Sonic mosquito 'demonises teens'
- The Jerusalem attack
- Anti-Syria sanctions
- Another Finkelstein interview
- Norman Finklestein - Israel has to suffer a defeat...
- No more Mr. nice guy
- THE TIME FOR WORLDWIDE BOYCOTT IS NOW
- USS Cole
- Israeli minister calls for death to all Gazans
- Sarkozy : the honeymoon is over
- ▼ March (21)