Radio 1 Newsbeat, in Burnley
The Mosquito is a device which emits a high-pitched sound to disperse groups of teenagers. Shopkeepers love the Mosquito but campaigners say they demonise young people.
Only those under the age of 25 can pick up the high-pitched sound
Two weeks ago, it wasn't unusual to find 80 or 90 teenagers hanging outside the Stables restaurant in Towneley Park, Burnley.
But with the help of Lancashire police, the manager installed a Mosquito and he's had no trouble since.
It's thought around 3,500 of the devices are used in England, particularly in shopping centres. They give off a high-pitched sound that only children and young people can hear.
If you're over 25, it doesn't bother you, but 20-year-old Shamila can certainly hear it.
- Arab summit boycott of Syria threatens regional co...
- Interview of Mohamed Omer reporting from Gaza
- Si non e vero ...
- 5 years into the Iraqi catastrophy : 28 km march f...
- Winter soldier
- Put your writing on the wall
- The USS Liberty
- Sands of Sorrow (1950)
- Egypt leaks information about an American military...
- For a Free Palestine...! new... 60 years...
- Paris Bus Tour for Palestine !
- Sonic mosquito 'demonises teens'
- The Jerusalem attack
- Anti-Syria sanctions
- Another Finkelstein interview
- Norman Finklestein - Israel has to suffer a defeat...
- No more Mr. nice guy
- THE TIME FOR WORLDWIDE BOYCOTT IS NOW
- USS Cole
- Israeli minister calls for death to all Gazans
- Sarkozy : the honeymoon is over
- ▼ March (21)