Almost half the refugees at al-Tanf are under 18 years of age, many of whom have developed asthma as a result of the desert conditions and suffer from high fever, diarrhoea and vomiting
DAMASCUS, 7 April 2008 (IRIN) - Thirty nine Palestinian refugees from Iraq - stuck at al-Tanf refugee camp in no-man’s land on the Iraq-Syria border - have been resettled in Chile.
“Until last year it felt like the doors were closed for moving the Palestinian refugees. The desert conditions at al-Tanf are extremely inappropriate for the refugees to live in. Finally a window of opportunity opened with Chile,” said Laurens Jolles, head of the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) in Syria.
- Story of my banishment
- The Israeli Project Has Failed in Lebanon
- Syria nuke charge backlash
- Syria scoffs at U.S. nuclear claims, says CIA fabr...
- Occupied minds
- If Americans Knew What Israel Is Doing! VIDEO WAS ...
- A pro-Israel group's plan to rewrite history on Wi...
- Not so cool facts about Israel
- Jimmy in Damascus
- Jewish settlers flood Palestinian neighbours with ...
- Iran training media for Israel-Syria war
- Mr Carter shunned by Israel, Hamas'hero
- Chilling footage
- From Al Jazeera
- Gaza: The Holocaust Continues
- Carter: Arafat fought for a just cause
- Even Reagan ...
- The London Palestine Film Festival 2008
- History brings tourists to Syria
- SYRIA: New draft law targets sex traffickers
- The Al-Arian case
- USA's war on "terror" : Free Sami al-Arian
- MIR: Egypt - The War of Bread
- Obama asked for orange juice when offered coffee !...
- Veterans demand that Cheney and Bush are charged w...
- Al Ahram : Witness accounts of the disposession
- Sixty years after Deir Yassin
- Mane, tekel, fares
- Deir Yassin : April 9 1948
- IRAQ-SYRIA: Some 40 stranded Palestinian refugees ...
- ▼ April (31)