BEIRUT, 28 March 2008 (IRIN) - A boycott by Lebanon and major Arab powers of the Arab summit in Damascus (29-30 March) has dashed hopes for a last-ditch settlement of the Lebanese presidential crisis, raising fears of a descent into violence after it passes.
Political turmoil in Lebanon has often been the precursor to regional conflict and serious humanitarian problems in the past.
- Arab summit boycott of Syria threatens regional co...
- Interview of Mohamed Omer reporting from Gaza
- Si non e vero ...
- 5 years into the Iraqi catastrophy : 28 km march f...
- Winter soldier
- Put your writing on the wall
- The USS Liberty
- Sands of Sorrow (1950)
- Egypt leaks information about an American military...
- For a Free Palestine...! new... 60 years...
- Paris Bus Tour for Palestine !
- Sonic mosquito 'demonises teens'
- The Jerusalem attack
- Anti-Syria sanctions
- Another Finkelstein interview
- Norman Finklestein - Israel has to suffer a defeat
- No more Mr. nice guy
- THE TIME FOR WORLDWIDE BOYCOTT IS NOW
- USS Cole
- Israeli minister calls for death to all Gazans
- Sarkozy : the honeymoon is over
- ▼ March (21)