Written by The Media Line News Agency Staff
Published Thursday, April 17, 2008
The Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting Corporation (IRIB) has begun a training course for war journalists, who will be sent to Syria and Lebanon in case these countries engage in war with Israel, the Iranian news agency 'A'sr Iran reported.
The course, titled "Training Reporters in Crisis," will be taken by 20 radio and TV reporters.
After graduating the course, the journalists will be placed on call and would be sent to Syria and Lebanon if war breaks out there.
Syrian President Bashar Al-Asad gave a speech on Wednesday, where he emphasized that while his country was preparing for war with Israel, he felt the odds for war were not high.
"We know that there are those in the American administration who want this war and so we are preparing for the worst," Al-Asad nevertheless added.
The Syrian president said further that the U.S. wanted a civil war in Lebanon and for there to be war between the Arabs and Iran.
For his part, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has recently told the Israeli daily Yedioth Aharonot that Israeli and Syria were exchanging messages.
"I can assure you that with regard to the standing issues between us and the Syrians, they know what I want of them, and I know well what they want from us."
Copyright © 2008 The Media Line. All Rights Reserved.
You can read the article here
- Story of my banishment
- The Israeli Project Has Failed in Lebanon
- Syria nuke charge backlash
- Syria scoffs at U.S. nuclear claims, says CIA fabr...
- Occupied minds
- If Americans Knew What Israel Is Doing! VIDEO WAS ...
- A pro-Israel group's plan to rewrite history on Wi...
- Not so cool facts about Israel
- Jimmy in Damascus
- Jewish settlers flood Palestinian neighbours with ...
- Iran training media for Israel-Syria war
- Mr Carter shunned by Israel, Hamas'hero
- Chilling footage
- From Al Jazeera
- Gaza: The Holocaust Continues
- Carter: Arafat fought for a just cause
- Even Reagan ...
- The London Palestine Film Festival 2008
- History brings tourists to Syria
- SYRIA: New draft law targets sex traffickers
- The Al-Arian case
- USA's war on "terror" : Free Sami al-Arian
- MIR: Egypt - The War of Bread
- Obama asked for orange juice when offered coffee !...
- Veterans demand that Cheney and Bush are charged w...
- Al Ahram : Witness accounts of the disposession
- Sixty years after Deir Yassin
- Mane, tekel, fares
- Deir Yassin : April 9 1948
- IRAQ-SYRIA: Some 40 stranded Palestinian refugees ...
- ▼ April (31)